Friday, July 06, 2007

Step 1

Step 1 is to journal. I've been keeping up with my food for the past few days with proabaly around 95% accuracy. I've been going over points, but I've been tracking them.

I haven't been exercising. I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes yesterday and that was it. I wasn't necessarily tired, but I was sort of amazed at what one week of not exercising will do to me. I just feel so run down. I seriously think I may be depressed. I've been sleeping a lot and I'm just in a bad mood all of the time. Ironically this bad mood stems directly from the fact that I am so disgusted with myself.

On another note...I've been cleaning up all day. My father is coming to visit for the first time since I moved here. My house is pretty clean anyway, but I usually do a little bit everyday. I basically cleaned everything today. All I have left to do is fold clothes and mop.

I'm cooking venison oscar tonight. I absolutely love filet oscar and I came across this venison recipe. It sounds good enough, hopefully it will taste that way. I even put the recipe into Weight Watchers recipe builder and it came out as 8 points, even with the bearnaise sauce (oscar traditionally has hollandaise, but I could bathe in bearnaise sauce so I'm using it).

I haven't exercised today unless you count the cleaning. I was going to get on the treadmill, but my husband wants me to help him carry the contraption below out into the woods.


It's a hog trap, in case you are wondering. My husband is part of a hog eradication effort on the ARMY base. It's sort of funny. When I first moved down here, I applied for a PhD position dealing with the wild hogs on base. I really don't have a background in wildlife although my master's did deal with a nuisance animal (bird) so I didn't really expect to get selected for one of the PhD positions. The professor told me that I was a really good candidate, though, which sort of shocked me at the time. I'm sort of glad I didn't get into the PhD program. Another 3-5 years of poverty and doing research and writing all of the time was just not what I was up for. I still think I want my PhD sometimes, but the poverty thing and the research and writing thing grounds me.

Well, I better go fold clothes if I'm going to go with him to the woods and then get back to cook before my dad gets here.

No comments: