I am seriously considering trying to become a falconry apprentice. A guy I used to work with when I was in graduate school was a falconer and I guess that is what initially piqued my interest. It has been an idea that has continuously come back to me time and again over the years.
I downloaded the membership form for the falconry association in my state and I bought this book. It may turn out that it's too expensive and/or time consuming, but I want to look into it anyway. I love being outdoors and, although I go hunting with my husband sometimes, I feel like I'm more in his way than anything. I think that being with an animal that does the hunting would be a very fulfilling thing. Hawks and other predatory birds are an awesome thing to watch in action and I think that being part of that would be almost a spiritual experience, something very private and personal, something sacred.
My father is here to visit and we went to the aquarium today. It was horribly busy and almost unenjoyable, but I love aquariums. I took a bunch of pretty good pictures, but my camera is going dead and for some bizarre reason I got its power cord mixed up with my camcorder's power cord, which I thought I took to my office. So I wil have to wait until Monday to retrieve my camera's power cord. I will upload the aquarium pictures then...and hopefully some pictures of a hog in the trap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment