I really love Fridays. I love them because both my husband and I do not work on Fridays. I love them because my husband, our son, and I usually spend the day together. It's not like we do anything exciting, but I enjoy just being together on Fridays.
Me and my husband aren't the most affectionate people on earth. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that both our mothers died when we were young. Don't get me wrong, I think we are very loving towards each other, just not in an outwardly affectionate way. Anyway, a few weeks ago my husband called me over to him and he was very serious. At first it scared me a little bit. He reached out to me and said:
"You know how much I love that little boy (our baby)?"
I said, "Yes, I know how much you love him."
He replied, "Well, I love you even more."
It brought tears to my eyes.
We tell each other we love each other all the time, but how often is it just routine with little meaning?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment