Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fridays aren't always great

Over the last few months I have found myself thinking about how happy I am. My little bundle of joy has truly brought an abundance of joy into my life. My last post was about how much I enjoyed Fridays and I do, most of the time...except when my stepson is coming over.

Unfortunately, my stepson is the one thing that puts a wrinkle in my happy little world. How I wish things were different, but as the weeks and months go on, I find myself disliking him more and more. I try to be nice, I really do. I recently completed a scrapbook for him that I actually put quite a bit of work into. This is actually the second scrapbook that I have made him and it is my small attempt at showing him some type of affection. As usual, he was pretty unappreciative of the gesture, which is not surprising from a twelve year old.

However, he is pretty unappreciative of EVERYTHING. Well, unless it involves an Xbox or Wii or whatever the fuck else that he has, but then again, he's pretty unappreciative of those as well. Last year he was all about getting a Wii, which his mom of course bought him. This year it was an Xbox, which his maternal grandparents bought him. He also has a Playstation 2 or 3. We had a Playstation 2 over here, but after I caught him stealing one of the games that we have over here, I sold the damn thing and all the games that I had.

So last week he was over and everything was going fine (I thought), but then my dumbass started fussing with my husband over a bowl that he had left out on the deck for the dogs to lick. I mean , come on, that's gross. Plus it was one of my good dishes. First of all, my husband and I were outside and SS was inside, but then he came outside when we were fussing. My husband and I came inside where we continued to fuss (not fight) and then SS came inside. I went upstairs to feed the baby and my husband came upstairs as well. When we were both upstairs, SS called his mom telling her he wanted to go home because we were fighting again.

Again? WTF? Again? As a matter of fact, we hardly fight. As a matter of fact, we have been getting along better than ever, I thought. Hell, we work together, in the same office. If we fought all the time I think that it would affect our work environment. Well, apparently SS thinks we fight all the time and now he wants my husband and him to talk about it with his counselor. If it is about me and my husband fighting, shouldn't I be included? It doesn't matter anyway because my husband has refused to waste his time on the nonsense.

I'm just so sick of his lies. It just continues and continues and I honestly don't see it getting better. I wish that I didn't feel the way that I do about him and I constantly am telling myself to think positively about him, but truthfully when I try to think of something positive about him, I can't.

No comments: