Saturday, September 06, 2008

Dunk a dean

This is an actual e-mail that I received from our VP of Academic Affairs:

Save up your dollars and get your throwing arm in shape!

$1.00 will buy you one chance to dunk the Dean or Other Important Individual of your choice! Everybody’s money is good!!


WTF? Are they serious? What is this, some futile attempt to boost morale? First of all the people that are actually going to be in the dunking booth are not the ones that need to be dunked. Second of all, it would take a lot more than a dunking booth to ease the frustrations that have been building up in our faculty. It would be understandable if the dollars were going to something worthwhile, like a charity. No, they are going to buy refreshments for professional development days (or what they like to call professional development days). I'd rather bring my own provisions, thank you very much. Perhaps a bottle of Crown Royal?

I so wanted to send this to RYS, but I'm a wuss. Hopefully nobody I work with reads this blog.

No comments: