Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thoughts of nailguns running through my head

It's that time of year again. The end of the term. Crying students lining up outside our office door. It's not a pleasant sight in the biology department these days.

It's been a rought few weeks. Really, I'm sort of ashamed to say it's been rough, but it has been for me. Maybe not for someone else, but I'm not someone else and I'm allowed to get fucked up over shit if I want to.

Here's just a recap of some things. Some of them are not major, but they are disturbing little instances in my life.
  1. A former friend of mine called me at work. We basically quit talking to one another because she said I was selfish for just getting married without telling anyone or having a wedding. Anyway, she called, like nothing had happened. Then she e-mailed me at my work e-mail. I was not happy about that, but I did not contact her back. I do hope she is happy and I hope her life is better than it was when we quit being friends, but I just don't even want to rekindle a friendship with someone who got pissed because I did something that made me happy.
  2. There have been some work issues. Nothing really from my organization, but more from another organization. It's just sort of a slap in the face from someone that calls himself a biologist. Just because you have a PhD, motherfucker, doesn't make you God. This asshole basically slandered my whole department. Fortunately my department has nothing to hide and we are quite proud of our work and our effort.
  3. I'm as fat as ever with no clothes to fit. I finally broke down and rejoined Weight Watchers. I will go to my first weigh in tomorrow and I'm really scared to see what the scale says.
  4. A co-worker died last week. Just all of a sudden died. I wasn't that close with her, but her death has really had an impact on me. She came to me about Chantix a while back and I encouraged her to take it. I don't really think her sudden death had anything to do with the drug, but I can't help but wonder a little bit. She was only 56 years old and she was completely fine that day. It really makes you think about things.
  5. I seriously think my husband does not like me. I hear students talk about how he is always saying how much he loves me, but the way he acts towards me and the way he talks to me does not convey a message of love. This is definitely what hurts the most.

No comments: