Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rant

Part of my job is to schedule classes for my department each quarter. I've basically got it to where it is the same every quarter, give or take a few classes. We have to turn these rough schedules in way before the actual term. For example, I turned in the schedule that will start in January about 2 weeks ago.

In this particular schedule that I turned in two weeks ago, I deleted two classes because that's the way we've had it for the past 2 or 3 terms (we start out with one day and one evening section of this particular class and then if they fill up we add more). So, I get an e-mail from my boss today telling me to delete the two classes I already deleted. WTF? Well, actually, looking at the e-mail I'm more confused than ever. I was told to delete a non-existent class and then to switch instructors for another. Whatever. This irritates me for a few reasons:
  1. It is apparent that the changes I did make were either not looked at or not taken into consideration
  2. If the changes I make are superseded, then why should I have to make them in the first place...why not cut out the middle man?
  3. These classes technically are not in my department

There are other reasons that I'm irritated, but it's way too complicated to go into, so I won't, but I will say that it involves the instructor I am supposed to give a class to, whose hiring is questionable anyway.

No comments: