Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Pat on my back

I've been doing exceptionally well this week. Not sure why. Not sure if something clicked. Not sure if it is here to stay. I'm just proud of myself right now and hopefully I will continue to "be in the zone".

I had a couple of "non-scale victories" today:
  1. We had a faculty/staff meeting this morning with a continental breakfast. I ate oatmeal at home and didn't touch anything at the meeting
  2. There is a basket full of chocolate candy on my filing cabinet that is sort of in the back of the office (in the middle of my department's cubicles) and I did not have one, not one, today

I've also been exercising regularly on both the treadmill and the elliptical. I even exercised yesterday after I donated whole blood and platelets (and I was feeling a little dizzy). I made sure to eat something and drink a lot before I exercised and I didn't do a lot, only 20 minutes on the elliptical, but the fact that I didn't let my dumpy feeling be an excuse not to exercise is an accomplishment.

I have also been spending more time outside. I went walking/fishing at a pond on post a few times last week. I actually enjoy this a lot because my husband and I go fishing and if I'm not getting any bites I walk around the pond (about 1 mile) and then stop and fish some more. One evening I almost ran into a road march, but other than that it's a good place to walk. Well, actually the road march may have prompted me to walk a little bit harder because I didn't want the soldiers to catch up with me :)

I have also been gardening quite a bit, which is very enjoyable. There are so many things I want o do with the yard, it's just hard to find the time and the money to do what I want. I think that doing all these things has helped a lot with my blue feelings. I just hope that once the quarter starts that I can still make time to do these things.

No comments: