Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday...finally

Not that I won't work over the weekend. Essays to grade...horrible, horrible essays. I'm about halfway through. Maybe about 40 more to go. They suck so bad and are so totally off base that it doesn't actually take long to grade them, but it takes a long time to comment.

Let's see what else I have gotten myself into. Well, I decided to be the advisor of the Health Knowledge Bowl team from our school this year. I had a great bunch of students picked out and recruited them, but now that it is really time to practice most of them have really let me down. Today was the last straw and I told them that they are pretty much on their own now. I do not have the energy or the time to put together practice sessions and then only a few of them show up.

I am also the team captain for my department's Relay for Life team. It's nothing compared to raising money for the 3Day so I'm not stressing over it too much, but it still takes up my time. Luckily my Knowledge Bowl team members need volunteer hours so I have recruited them into selling luminaries and stars for volunteer hours.

Things are pretty disgruntled at school lately. I thought maybe it was just me and all the shit I have taken upon myself, but over the past few weeks more and more department heads are voicing their dissatisfaction with the way things are going around there. I have seriously thought about going to talk to our divisions head honcho, but I haven't developed the balls for it yet and I'm not sure if it really is my place to say something or not. If my old boss was still around I might do it. I may try to set up a lunch with her to talk to her, but she's so busy with her new position it is not even funny and I'm sure she doesn't want to hear about all of our problems. I value her opinions, though, and her advice is always pretty good.

So, today is Friday, and instead of being able to come home and relax it is like WW III. My stepson, although he can be just great sometimes, is a spoiled little brat. My husband does not let him get his way around here so it seems like when we get him we have to "break him in" to the way things operate over here. It gives me a freaking headache and my husband ends up getting pissy - although he does his best to hide it - which just makes everything edgy and uncomfortable. So I'm going to write this post and then go listen to Mysterious Universe and possibly grade some of those horrendous essays up in my bedroom by myself.

I'm tired and I should exercise, but I haven't exercised all week it seems like. Work is literally killing me. I'm tired all of the time. All of the time.

Oh, I did go to WW on Tuesday and I ended up gaining 8 (yes, eight) pounds. This wasn't for the week, but was over a month long period. Never-the-less, it's a horrible gain and I'm pretty depressed over it. I am doing good on not smoking. I still smoke a couple at night (my husband rations them out to me) and I did get me a pack for the weekend. I'm doing really good with it during the week and especially while I'm at work, so at least I'm making progress.

On a lighter note, I received an award in the mail yesterday that I had no idea about. I ended up with about 3 publications from my thesis work and I won an award for best paper for one of the publications at a meeting. My co-authors had presented it and since I don't really keep in contact with them I had no idea about the award. I am so proud of myself for it, though.

No comments: