Ok, so I quit smoking a week ago. I'm not sure why, exactly. I just did it this time and I'm doing it without medication and without nicotine replacement (for the most part). Sometimes I'll chew on the gum, but I'm not chewing on it a whole lot. So that's going well.
In the meantime I have gained about 6 freaking pounds. Why is it that I can eat well (very little) and exercise a whole lot and maybe lose 1-2 lbs per week, but I have one week of shitty eating and I'll gain like 6 fucking pounds? Why the fuck is that? I know the lack of smoking has decreased my metabolism by about 100 calories per day, but that does not equal out to even 1 pound.
So, I'm gonna try. I'm gonna really, really try this week and even if I don't lose an ounce I'm just going to have to tell myself to keep trying. I just have to remember to actually tell myself that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment