I've been trying to figure out when and why I started gaining weight again. I guess it all started back in June. There was about a month or 6 weeks between the middle of June and the end of July when I took a hiatus from WW. I gained 4.8 lbs then. Then the next time I gained a big chunk of weight was after the 3Day walk. WTF?
Of course I didn't post regularly in Blogger, so I'm not sure what was going on at the time. I know now that I am stressed a lot with work and I just haven't been planning meals and cooking like I should. There was a while there when my husband and I were going out to eat a lot, but I put a stop to that. We still haven't been eating great at home. Hopefully with the upcoming break I can take time to refocus myself on losing weight. I guess one good thing is that I haven't gained it all back, but it sure would have been nice to be back at 174 before the new year. That is definitely NOT going to happen.
I don't know why I let work get to me so much. My immediate supervisor is leaving our department and the person they chose to replace her was a bit of a shock and a disappointment to me. I hate to lose my boss. She is great and because she came directly from our department (I took her place as department head of biology when she moved up to the chair of the school) so I felt like she knew and was empathetic to the inner-workings of the biology department. So that's one thing I am not happy about.
I also had a meeting with my faculty members today and found out that instead of 1 or 2 of them being unhappy with a certain lab assistant, most of them are unhappy with her performance. I already talked to her about her poor performance last quarter and honestly I don't have the time to deal with trying to fix her problems now so I am not bringing her back next quarter. So now I have to try and get 1 or 2 new lab assistants by January. New lab assistants means starting all over again with getting them acquainted with how the labs operate and that's a pain in the ass and something I do not have time to do.
I have been trying to delegate more work to the other full time biology person and to the adjuncts, but sometimes it is more trouble to teach them what to do and when to do it than it is to just do it myself. Never-the-less I am going to have to figure something else out because I am bringing way too much work home. In fact, I'm not even taking any time off this holiday season and I had planned on taking the whole time off. I still could, but we aren't going anywhere and I figured I shouldn't take my time off if all I'm going to be doing is working from home anyway. I might as well drive into the office and do it and save my days, ya know?
I also have to figure out a way to convince my husband to go visit our family for at least a weekend over the break. I really didn't want to go, myself, but when my dad found out he sort of sounded upset about it. I just hate to drive on the few days I am going to have as a break. I just want to stay at home and do nothing (even though I know I'll probably do something work related even on those holiday days).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment