This post actually should be much longer than what I'm probably going to end up with. Anyway, I will try to say as much as I want to say.
Thanksgiving was pretty good. We went to my sister's and stuffed ourselves silly. We were so stuffed that we could not eat when we went to my brother-in-law's house. My husband and I shared a plate of a couple of pieces of turkey and some crab salad stuff. That was it, which I was happy with because my sister had all of the yummy casseroles and such that we always had growing up at my grandmother's or aunt's houuse. My brother-in-law, well, let's just say that they may have grown up in the South, but they are not what I would truly call Southern. All of the food at their house was bought, which was fine, but it was not nearly as good as what was at my sister's house. Ironically, even though I ate an unbelievable amount of food on Thursday, I did not gain any weight. It's funny when you gain weight after doing a 60-mile walk over the weekend, but you don't gain after Thanksgiving. Weird.
So, anyway, Thanksgiving was good, but things started getting f-ed up over at my bro-in-law's. Of course there was alcohol involved, which is never a good scenario when it comes to my husband and his siblings. It ended up being so miserable for me (well, not really miserable, I just sort of ignored it and stayed to myself) that the next time something like this rolls around I am going to have to develop some balls and tell my husband that I refuse to go to a gathering with him and his siblings when alcohol also present. I just can't do it.
The other thing that has sort of irritated me since last Tuesday is my cell phone. It has gone crazy. Apparently my number is showing up on a lot of people's caller ID. People all over the country, whom I do not know and whom I have not called. I am almost to the point where I am going to terminate my service with Cingular. Nobody can tell me what is going on and nobody has been able to fix it yet. I have a new SIM card and I switched phones (thank God I did not buy a new one or I would be even more pissed than I already am). They have untill Thursday to fix it. If not, then I'm giving up cell phones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment