Monday, September 12, 2005

I hate cliques

I think I'm going to throw up.

I've always hated cliques. Maybe because I was pretty unpopular in junior high and highschool, until I lost weight. Then people wanted to be my friends. Anyway, who in the hell would've thought that there are still such things as cliques once you reach adulthood.

It wasn't like this in graduate school. I mean we did have our certain groups that we hung out with the most, but when we had a party or we went out everybody was invited. The more the merrier. I can honestly say that was the only time in my life that I truly had good friends. But once graduate school was over so were the friendships pretty much. The only person I still keep in contact with is my old roommate. It's sort of sad, really.

I pretty much gave up a lot of those friendships because the majority of my friends were male. I thought it was a little disrespectful to my then boyfriend (now husband). I certainly would be pissed if he talked to his old female friends all the time. But you know what, he has talked to his old female friends and I could care less. What does piss me off though is that our female co-workers (yes, my husband and I teach at the same school) fawn all over him, ask him to lunch, etc. and sort of fail to ask me. I think it's downright rude and I'm pretty sick of it to tell you the truth. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what to do since we have to work in this place. I just hate the fact that I find myself at 30 with absolutely no friends and pretty much no life. I'd at least just like to have a dog.

No comments: