So, I do have gestational diabetes. Not too happy about that. The Dr. called the other day with my results from the 3-hour glucose tolerance test. My fasting glucose was ok (95). The one-hour and two-hour readings were not (181 and 158, respectively) and my three hour was way low (55).
So, now I am on a low-carb diet and I get to check my blood glucose levels 4 times a day. Yay! I've already lost weight. I guess that's a good thing. The nurse told me that the baby will get what he needs so I shouldn't worry about losing weight. I guess it just sort of feels wrong to me that I am dieting and losing weight while I am in my third trimester of pregnancy. Regardless, I am going to do what is best for the baby because I sure as hell don't want to be put on medication. That would mean me having to go to the doctor twice a week to be placed on a fetal monitor, not that I'm concerned about the inconvenience of going, but I don't want anything to risk the baby's health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment