Monday, August 18, 2008

Stepson Update

So, the last time I posted about my stepson, I mentioned that he was telling some outrageous lies.

Well, the next time we got him, we found out why he has been lying. Again, everthing started out fine. All of a sudden SS starts complaining that he has a headache, which really is no surprise since he had been playing the DS for like 3 hours straight. My husband tells him to drink some water and to take a children's aspirin, we turn the air down cooler, we put a fan on him, and we tell him to get a wet rag to put on his forehead. He starts going nuts saying that my husband won't do anything to help him and that his mom would take him to the ER (for a headache).

The situation progresses. SS calls him mom and is freaking out. He is talking back to his dad and yelling at his mom on the phone. My husband is trying to talk to his mom and SS continues to yell. I tell him that if he continues to yell at his father then I will take the TV from upstairs and throw it off the deck (I know, I overdid it a little, but I was getting pissed). He then SCREAMED (and I do mean SCREAMED) in my face. I pretty much lost it at that point and although I didn't throw the TV off the deck, I did take the satellite box and the playstation.

The situation continued.

Finally, he calmed down and came to his dad and said that he needed to tell him something that his mom had been lying about for a while. The woman has been married for 6 months!!!! SS found out about it only a couple of weeks prior (I think about the same time as his previous tantrum) and was told to not tell his dad or his grandparents (her parents).

My husband immediately called her and got her voicemail. He then called her parents. They had no idea.

So, some man has been living in the same house as SS for 6 or 7 months and she has been married to this man for 6 or 7 months and my husband had no knowledge of this. He contacted a lawyer and was basically told that if he took it to court he would not win (joint physical custody). There is something severely wrong with this.

Anyway, my husband is going to get him into counseling. Maybe that will help some.

I don't really know what else to say about the situation. I have so many feelings about it, but it's hard to put them down coherently. There so much going on and I think there is a lot we still don't know. Hopefully with counseling, everything will become clearer. I am just afraid that either the counseling won't help or it is already too late.

No comments: