Friday, September 14, 2007

It's almost over

This quarter has been horrible. Not only for me, but I think a lot of other instructors feel about the same. It seems that I am constantly amazed at how the students will try to manipulate and annoy for no other reason than the fact that they are lazy. I say that knowing that these people do have lives (so do we, the instructors). I'm of the opinion that to receive a quality education you must put forth the effort to study. God forbid we should ask you to do something, like read.



Honestly, I have one student this quarter who is also taught by my husband in another class and my husband was stressing to them that they needed to read the notes he handed out to them. This common student of ours said very smartly to my husband, "your wife makes us read". Well, I'll be damned. Who knew that you had to read in an anatomy and physiology course, or any course for that matter? Are you serious?



On another note...


I was reading Big Boned Blog and she recently posted this entry. That is pretty much the exact reason why I cancelled my monthly pass. I am more depressed than ever about my weight, but I still don't do anything about it. The only positive is that I have been exercising more. I haven't gotten on to the scale in a while, though, and really I am scared to. I may go back to WW in January or I may try something different, I don't know. All I know is that I am not really following any plan right now even though I know that I need to and that I have to in order to lose some of this weight and to prevent me from gaining more.

No comments: