Friday, September 22, 2006

LuLu

 

My LuLu died today. I've had her since I was 16 years old. Although I she lives with my dad, it is weird the connection I still have with her. At about 3:30 my time last night I woke up from a dream in which I was holding her and comforting her. It was a very vivid dream and left me feeling very upset.

I told my husband about it this morning and then at work I was telling a co-worker. A few minutes later my sister called to tell me that something was wrong with LuLu. A little while later she called back to tell me that my father had to put her to sleep.

My father later told me that at about 2:30 last night (which is 3:30 my time) he woke up to her crying in the yard. I'm not one who believes much in ESP and psychic kind of stuff, but I believe that there was something there that told me that something was wrong. I know that I dreamed of her, I know what I dreamed.

Although I am very saddened at her passing, I am more at ease with it for a few reasons. First of all, even though she suffered through the night until my father could get her to a vet, she did not suffer much. She was old and she had a hard time getting around sometimes, but she was a very healthy dog. In fact, my father had taken her and my other dog for a walk yesterday. Needless to say this whole ordeal surprised him very much and he is also very saddened by it. I am also at ease because I got to see her quite a bit just a few months ago. Even then, I knew in my heart that it would probably be the last time that I saw her. Last, I am glad that I dreamed of her last night. I believe that she also felt that bond and perhaps even felt my presence and my comfort that I tried to give her.

She was a very unique dog and I know that I will never come accross another like her. She was laid back and not at all your typical chow dog. I will truly miss her.

Rest in peace my dear LuLu. I love you. Posted by Picasa

No comments: