Sunday, June 11, 2006

Walk or Mow?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to the park and walk or to mow. My ass hurts like hell from walking yesterday (there were some nice hills involved). My ankle hurts because I twisted it (luckily not bad) today for no apparent reason. I'm one of the clumsiest people on earth. I twisted my ankle on a flat surface after I gave myself a nice little bump on the head. It's blistering hot outside, but luckily I love the heat, so that really is not a problem.

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post (I guess because I was so excited about figuring out the podcast thing) that one reason I'm so glad about figuring out the podcast thing is that now I have something else to listen to while I workout. Music is great, but it doesn't do it for me when I get really freaking board. And I get really freaking board when I run and when I do the elliptical.

I'm also excited about podcasts because I think it will be something neat to do for my lectures. I've been praised on my ability to embrace technology in the classroom and I've even earned the recognition from some of the tech people where I work (and you know how arrogant some of these tech people can be). I've also sort of become the technical help person in our department, so instead of my coworkers going to the IT department (where you have to put in a work order) they come to me. Not that I know everything, because I don't, but it's really great when I can help people out and it's even better when my bosses notice (not that I'm a suck up type of person, but I do like credit when credit is due).

Well, I reckon I'll get my mp3 player and the mower out. Hopefully I won't pass out from dehydration.

No comments: