Oh, I was doing so well. I even lost 3.6 pounds last week. This week, though, has been horrible.
I had an interview Tuesday for a promotion at work. A promotion that 4 other colleagues also applied for. I got the promotion, and I'm overjoyed about that, but 2 of the other applicants are far from happy about it and one is being downright hostile towards me. What's stupid is that I know I'm stressing. I know why I'm eating blizzards and snickers and cookies and every other horrible thing I can put in my mouth, but I still do it. Why the fuck is that? It just seems like it's always one step forward and two or three steps back.
Well, on a positive note. I sort of do feel pretty good about myself. Six months ago I gave up pretty much what I would consider my dream job. I was picked out of a lot of applicants for that one. I've been bummed since and have had this looming since of regret, but it was my decision and I had to live with it. I anticipated that there would be a chance at this new position where I currently work and I got picked out of that bunch. Those two things should tell me something about myself. I am very happy about my new job and I'm glad I held out for it. Even though it's not quite the dream job that the other one would've been, I am getting paid more and I suppose money does count for something, although I would much rather be dealing with fish any day of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment